RSS Feed

Daily Reprieve

December 28, 2018 by Kayce L.

11 Comments »

1. Silvia c says:

Thank you for sharing. What a beautiful image. Today I’m celebrating 30 days. It seems like such a tiny fraction but it’s huge for me. I feel so good not being caught up in the tide that I’m wondering why did I ever put myself on the line. Praying that I can be blessed with a daily reprieve one day at a time.

• Jerry says:

Thirty days is huge !.We all had 30 days at one point of recovery . Please don’t leave before the miracle happens !

• Taunya Offdenkamp says:

30 days is huge...I’m sooo proud of you. Like Jerry said, we all start out the same way and maintain it by doing one day at a time. That’s all we have..a daily reprieve and I’m sooo glad that you are here.

2. Gayle says:

So grateful that we have a daily reprieve. Keep it Simple. Just don’t drink or use today. My brother smoked pot after 21 years & 11 months of being clean & sober. He wants to get clean again but not planning on counting time. He would have 22 years tomorrow. Not sure about the when either. I can’t say my base is shaken but I am affected. He came after me at 6 years to join him & I did. I’m glad I did. There are two lines in the big book that say “ Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house. “ p.98

3. Silvia c says:

38 days today and it feels like such a miracle. I have tried and failed so many times before never having the grace of more than one or two days. Deeply grateful for 38 days in a row and it feels like this time thatbpduchic change is really taking hold- a spiritual awakening a tiny day at a time. Thanks for the wonderful fellowship.

4. Silvia c says:

Meant to say the psychic change the big book talks about is finally happening. Very grateful.

5. Les Kahler says:

I’ve been sober since July 30, 1981 and am grateful for the program and the fellowship! Daily reprieve is the only way!

6. Joe says:

Almost 5 years of being sober, and still so much work to be done. Finally starting to see that sobriety is so much more than not drinking. Feeling thankful for the journey!

7. Alice says:

I’ve been reminded I have a daily reprieve if I’m doing my part.
    When I was newly sober I expected the sober fairy to come down and fix everything. Guess my surprise and madness when I realized the work came from me. The help came from the different people here in the program. I am extremely grateful to be sober and have a tool kit available to me. This part of my sober life has been the hardest yet. I’m not doing this alone or with just God. My family, friends in and out of AA, people at my son’s church, have all been traveling this road with me. I not only have a daily reprieve I don’t have to do this alone. God is great!!!